• Molimo vas sve da pročitate PRAVILA FORUMA i da se istih pridržavate.
  • Secret Level Discord server je LIVE! Za više informacija kliknite OVDE

PS5 Xseries PC Dead Space Remake

timemaster

Caelondian
Co-founder
Reaction score
prešao igru za 11h 20min, nemam više ništa pametno da dodam na sve što sam do sada rekao, sem da je ovo odličan remake već odlične "stare" igre. Bojan je u pravu, poslednja dva chaptera vidno lošije rade naspram ostatka igre, ali nije smetalo. priča produbljena, mehanika poboljšana, grafika naravno znatno unapređena, svaka čast Motive Studiju na trudu

Bojan

Reaction score
Sa reddita:

For those who don't know, Chuck Beaver is the closest that there was to a "lore guy" at Visceral Games. He was a producer and co-writer for all of the games as well as all of the transmedia, and he frequently worked on the lore with Ben Wanat, the "father" of the Necromorphs, who also worked on all of the games.

There was a podcast interview with him I'd recommend taking a listen as there are a lot of previously undisclosed details, but for those who don't want to, I've summarized some of the points he talked about:

Dead Space 1
  • The pre-production material for Dead Space 1 is what became the prequel comic and Downfall.
  • The original pitch by Glen Schofield, likely when it was called "Rancid Moon", was that the game would take place on a prison planet.
  • In the first Dead Space original setting, The "Marker" was a literal marker that was put there by aliens to tell people not to come to the planet and to hold "criminal elements" inside. It seems like they hadn't even figured out what the enemies were going to be as Beaver just refers to them as "criminal ghosts or spirits".
  • As development went on, more and more twists were added to the story. Someone came up with the idea to have "Cthulhu kind of monsters" inside the planet and then someone suggested that the Marker should be man-made, among other twists.
  • Beaver says that continuing the story was challenging because the lore in the first game was mostly just "kitchen-sinked" ideas and twists that didn't fully make sense.
  • Even after Dead Space 1 went into full production, the lore and world-building was all over-the place. Beaver and Ben Wanat had to work to streamline it and fix some holes so they could move coherently into Dead Space 2. Unitology was an afterthought and added later in the late stage of development in DS1.
Dead Space 2
  • This period after the first Dead Space 1 's release was when Beaver and Wanat officially wrote a lore bible that finalized all of the lore in stone including the Markers, the Necromorph, Church of Unitology and the Brethren Moons. This lore bible was subsequently sent to all of the writers for the transmedia around DS2 and 3 so that everything fit together. EA also have the inside documents.
  • Beaver initially disagreed with the other writers on Nicole being the final boss of DS2, since it seems like she was originally going to have a bigger role in the series.
  • Beaver and Wanat didn't want to go through the trouble of picking up threads and fixing holes to make sure the story continued again, so they planned the story of 3 and 4 while developing 2.
Dead Space 3&4
  • DS3 was going to be a continuation of Isaac's psychological journey with an unreliable narrator and the second character being "Dark Isaac". It was eventually going to reach a point where you weren't sure if Isaac was even alive.
  • Dead Space 4 would have continued that uncertainty. After being broken psychologically in 3, DS4 would've played on the fact that Isaac was a "herald of the Markers" due to having DNA that was compatible with the Marker signal. He would've eventually brought the Brethren Moons to Earth where they would have had a final confrontation, with Isaac "facing his destiny" due to being their herald.
  • After the story of 3 was changed to a more action focus, Beaver and Wanat managed to put some of their original ideas into the Awakened DLC. This is why the DLC has a bigger focus on Isaac's mind being broken, him questioning if he's even alive, and ending with the Brethren Moons arriving at Earth.
  • Beaver says that even though 3 isn't loved like the other games, he's still satisfied that he managed to bring the full lore of the Markers to fruition. He's also happy that he got to write the line "It's all dead space" in 3 and finally tie the franchise's title to the story.
  • Beaver says he's excited for the remake since they're making a lot of the same decisions that Visceral made for DS2.

In AMA, Motive Dev also mentioned they looked primarily at DS2; the novels Martyr and Catalyst; DS Extraction, and the comics for lore implementations. https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadSpace/...ve_dev_team_ama_february_3rd_12pm_pt/?sort=qa

voja

Patron
Reaction score
meni je ds3 ustvari omiljena igra u serijalu. prica mi je odlicna, ide u taj siri cosmic horor i ima odlican kraj.

Apex

Patron
Reaction score
meni je ds3 ustvari omiljena igra u serijalu. prica mi je odlicna, ide u taj siri cosmic horor i ima odlican kraj.
Meni je ipak kec najbolji ali mi je trojka bila odlična co-op zabava, sad jbg normalno da se mnogima neće svideti što je serijal otišao u Gears of War pravcu u tom trenutku.

Bojan

Reaction score
Obicno prvo odigram original pa remake. Ovog puta sam obrnuo redosled i posle 2 prelaska remake-a odigrao original.
Iznenadilo me je koliko velik deo remake-a je i u originalu (nekoliko turret sekcija je izbaceno).
Originalna igra je i danas savrseno igriva, ali manje-vise je sve unapredjeno u novoj igri.

Undenis

Prime Evil
Co-founder
Administrator
Reaction score
Presao sam remake za nekih 12h i 30 min na hard tezini. Svaka cast ljudima iz Motiva isporucili su savrsen paket i veliki thumbs up za dodatne misije i sadrzaj.Slazem se sa onim sto je napisao @timemaster sve sto valja u prvoj igri ovde je isto samo na vecem nivou.

Jedva cekam njihov sledeci projekat
Dead Space 2 remake :)

Undenis

Prime Evil
Co-founder
Administrator
Reaction score
Uh meni je i re2 remake odlično lwgao ali 3 deo već nešto slabije i kraće iskustvo.

Послато са WP5 Pro помоћу Тапатока
Trojka je po meni trebala da bude DLC/expanzija za dvojku ili da su bili pametni pa da su drugi i treci deo spojili u jednu igru posto se ionako desavaju u razmaku od 24h.
(ustvari onda ne bi mogli 2x da naplate punu cenu) xD

Chodex

I'm a ghost!
Reaction score
Zavrsio i ja igru. Moram da priznam da sam se poprilicno mucio na hard tezini. Mrak je u mnogome dobrineo mom slabijem igranju. Jednostavno ne vidim dovoljno protivnike, pogorovo one u gravity fieldu kada me gadjaju. Previse sam gubio municije na nepreciznost, ginuo i pocinjao sekvence ispocetka. Da dodam da mi je igra crahovala 10ak puta. Ne znam sta se to desava sa Xboxom u poslednje vreme... Svaka novija igra mi crashuje. Sto se mene tice, ocena 7. Bolji mi je bio The Callisto Protocol.

Chodex

I'm a ghost!
Reaction score
Nakon predjene igre, krenuo sam new game+ i spustio tezinu na normal. Uh, ovo sada sa punim arsenalom pojacanog oruzja je zajebancija. Rastereceno uzivam kako ih kasapim.

Top Bottom